Sunday 28 August 2016

GPZ500 project pt3

So...new battery in.....press of the starter
..a grumble and nothing....


Great.


Oh one sec...I've not turned the fuel tap on!

Turn onto reserse and boom starts first time. However....somewhat loud
Very loud...the exhaust is blowing.

Checked along the exhaust to feel for exhaust escape and its escaping in no less than 5 areas...all on welds, poorly made welds it looks like. I've temporarily filled them all with gun gum with potential to come back it it later and have it rewelded.

Now i know its running I'm going to start stripping it down and cleaning it.

Main concern is the rear shock, and how I'm actually going to get it off as I have no garage roof to hoist the rear up with....

Can't use a paddock stand... Looked at a bike jack...however a quarter of the underside is exhaust pipe which won't take the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment